Honoring the Shadow...

My shadow tells me where I’m not good enough...


My shadow gives me reason to pause. It houses my fear, shame, and guilt. It houses the fear, shame, and guilt that I have absorbed from other shadows. My shadow has been a thorn in my side and shrouded in the mystery of my ignorance. 


My shadow is destructive if it does not receive the necessary light. My shadow has created an atmosphere of resentment that chains me to my past and obstructs my view of the future. My shadow has an agenda of its own and is corruptible. My shadow has its own will to live and reason for existing. My shadow has the ability to possess and requires full integration. Among the many things that my shadow is and has been, the truth remains that my shadow is me. It and I are both products of the universe and are therefore subject to the natural laws that govern it.


I honor my shadow self because that is what it requires. It can not be suppressed or denied. For a balanced existence, it has to be fully integrated, which can mean so many different things to so many different people but hopefully comes to the same point of understanding. 


Comments

Popular Posts